Art of the Problem
published on 03 April 2014
History of the Alphabet. This video introduces the Hieroglyphic, Cuneiform, Hieratic, Demotic & Phoenician writing systems. It presents information as a series of selections from a finite collection of symbols...
- The Alphabetic Labyrinth (Drucker)
- Letter Perfect (David Sacks)
- Empire and Communications (Innis)
- The Mathematical Theory of Communication (Shannon)
- http://cuneiform.library.cornell.edu/ (Cuneiform Library at Cornell)
- Egyptian photography thanks to Anne Mullier (Louvre, Department of Egyptian Antiquities) http://ritournelleblog.com/
Ali McMillan / Cameron Murray
Extra voice footage thanks to:
Original video by Art of the Problem. Embedded by Jan van der Crabben, published on 03 April 2014. Please check the original source for copyright information. The video and its description text are provided by Youtube. This website claims no authorship of this content; we are republishing it for educational purposes.
Donate and help us!
We're a non-profit organisation and we need your help! This website costs money and we have to buy quality research material to produce great content. Our donors make this project possible. Please consider donating; even small amounts help. Thank you!